Based in Utrecht, The Netherlands
June 28, 2004
Press / Business Contact:
Ganzenmarkt 6 - Unit 8
3512 GD Utrecht
No phone, please mail!
Xform Games is an independent developer of actionpacked 3D games, known for their no-bullshit attitude.
Xform was founded in 2004 by two guys that met in college (HKU), Pieter Albers and Diederik Groesbeek. Creative old-school guys with a love for classic action games that they played on their Commodore Amiga. And so they set out to create these kinds of action games themselves, but in a more epic 3D fashion. Their first big game together was a thirdperson shooter called 'The Hammer' (made with Virtools). An ambitious attempt to bring GTA3 to the browser. Although groundbreaking at the time, they struggled at first, since the world was not yet ready for such awesomeness. They had to work long hours and do some less-epic non 3d games for clients to make ends meet.After that
Over the years the team grew, and so did their portfolio of games and clients. They created lots of games like Burnin' Rubber, Traffic Slam and Rally Point using Shockwave 3D technology. It became clear that the webgame audience never seems to get tired of 3d games with cars and explosions! Later, they adapted the Flash 3D technology 'Away 3D', and the popular Unity 3D game engine. Proving Xform is not dependent on one particular technology platform to make games with explosions. As perhaps the very last game company on earth, they also brought their games to the mobile market (games such as Super Hammer, Crash 'n Burn, Rally Point 3, but also kids games like Wungi Pirates, Knights and Kitty Cats). They managed to build up quite a portfolio, but the releases did not bring them fame or fortune.Recent
Over the last couple of years Xform shrunk down again and took some time to rethink their strategy. Work was done on the creation of some Unity Asset Store projects such as Hammer 2 - Reloaded and Operation Desert Road. Also they have been porting some of their classic games onto the new WebGL browser format. Recently they have completed their first browserbased multiplayer game called Snowfight. They have also resumed work on the imminent Steam release of Super Man Or Monster and Burnin' Rubber 5 HD.
Our flagship title, Burnin' Rubber 5 HD YouTube
Super Man Or Monster in all its retro glory! YouTube
Super Hammer on iOS YouTube
An overview of our recent games YouTube
Rhino Rush Stampede! YouTube
There are far more images available for Xform Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Dutch Game Award Winner " - Man Or Monster, November 2014
- "Dutch Game Award Nomination " - Burnin' Rubber 5, October 2013
- "Dutch Game Award Winner" - Red Bull Formula Face, 22 November 2012
- "Dutch Game Award Nominations" - Burnin' Rubber 3 and Adidas Neighborhood, November 2010
- "Shockwave.com Online Game Of The Year" - Burnin' Rubber 4, Summer 2010
- "DMA Best Of Show" - Adidas Neighborhood, Summer 2010
- "It's 'world domination or bust' according to the gang at Shockwave.com and they aren't kidding. With slow motion explosions and killer combat racing Burnin' Rubber 3 is an amazing release from the exceptional developers at Xform Games."
- Allen Partridge - Technology Evangelist Adobe Shockwave, Adobe Blog
- "The guys who made this should be imprisoned."
- Fan Commenting On Game, Shockwave.com
- "Honestly this game tied the Twisted Metal in all its course, but the end, the end is amazing, worthy of many awards, the creator is fit to continue making more games of this style and better too, I admit I am a big fan of all the saga of "Twisted Metal" but the end of this game I leave behind all end all MEtal Twisted. (sorry if there is an error, I speak Spanish and Google translator is not very accurate)."
- Fedepoo - Commenting on Burnin' Rubber 5, Kongregate.com
Xform Games Portal
Check out all the games we've made here! http://www.xformgames.com/.
Xform Games Youtube Channel
Too lazy to play? View our games here! youtube.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
CEO, Co-founder, Programmer
CEO, Co-founder, Game Designer
Former Senior Artist
Former Technical Artist
Former Audio and Animation
Former Junior Programmer
Former Junior Artist